Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort is a Value Resort in Walt Disney World, meaning that it is among the cheapest hotels on property. The hotel is themed to highlight – you guessed it – movies! It is separated into five sections themed after different Disney movies including Disney & Pixar’s Toy Story, Fantasia, The Love Bug, The Mighty Ducks, and 101 Dalmatians. It’ll be pretty obvious which section you’re in because each is lined with larger-than-life icons from the movies like Buzz, Woody, Herbie, and more.
The hotel is one of three All-Star Resorts that are all connected and share a bus route. If you or your kids are big fans of Disney movies and you want a bit more room in your vacation budget for extra Dole Whip and Mickey Pretzels, then this is a great hotel to choose!
Thinking about requesting a specific section of the hotel when you check-in? Curious about how far you’ll have to walk to get to food? Forgot to pick up a map when you arrived? No worries! Here’s Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort map!
Standard Room – this room sleeps up to 4 adults and comes with 1 queen-size pull-down bed, 1 queen bed, or 1 king bed. Depending on the available rooms, you may have a view of a courtyard, pool, or parking lot.
The standard room is best for those who don’t plan on spending too much time in their room other than to sleep.
Preferred Room – this room sleeps up to 4 adults and comes with 1 queen-size pull-down bed, 1 queen bed, or 1 king bed. Preferred rooms are located close to the main building where food, shopping, and transportation can be found, and feature views of the courtyard, pool, or parking lot.
The preferred room is best for those who are looking for a quieter room but still want to be close to the hotel amenities.
Where To Eat
World Premiere Food Court – World Premiere Food Court is the only dining option at Disney’s All-Star Music Resort and it is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The food-court-style service features multiple stations with different food options, a bakery, and a cooler area where you can find things like water, milk, and juice. Keep in mind that the quick service restaurant can get busy during popular meal times since there are no other dining options at the resort.
Lounges & Bars
Silver Screen Spirits Pool Bar – The Silver Screen Spirits Pool Bar can be found at All-Star Movies Resort’s main pool – Fantasia Pool. There’s nothing all too special about the atmosphere here, but it’s still a great place to grab a drink. It is a full-service bar serving up classic Disney cocktails, sangria, beer, and wine.
Things To Do
- Pools – there are two pools at Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort including the Fantasia Pool (which is the largest pool and features a giant Sorcerer Mickey fountain), and the Duck Pond Pool (which is smaller and is designed to look like a hockey rink).
- Reel Fun Arcade – located in the main building (Cinema Hall) near the food court.
- Campfire Activities – available 7 days a week behind the Fantasia Pool.
- Movies Under The Stars – takes place at The Reel Spot which is just outside of the World Premiere Food Court.
- Jogging Trail – approximately 1 mile. See signage for the official route.
- Playground – located between the Fantasia and Toy Story sections of the resort.
Donald’s Double Feature – In the hotel’s main building (Cinema Hall), you’ll find the gift shop. Here you can find a variety of Disney merchandise including shirts, Minnie Ears, plushes, and toys, along with some toiletries and groceries. So, if you find that you forgot something at home (or just want to do some shopping), this is the place to go!
- Disney Bus – Transportation to Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Disney Springs, and Disney’s Water Parks. The bus stop is located in front of the main lobby.
Disney Vacation Club
Disney Vacation Club is not available at Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort. All guest rooms are standard.
Overnight Parking Fee
Overnight self-parking is free for guests staying at any Disney World Resort hotel. Valet parking is available for an additional cost of $33 per night (sales tax included).
- The larger-than-life decor makes for great photo ops and a super immersive Disney stay. There’s nothing that screams “You’re at Disney World” more than a giant Buzz Lightyear!
- If you’re planning to spend all your time at the theme parks, then All-Star Movies provides you with all the necessary basics at a cheaper rate than other hotels across property.
- There’s only one bus stop per park and lots of people stay at the value hotel so lines can get pretty long if you’re traveling to and from the parks – especially in the morning for park opens and at night when the park closes.
- There’s only one place to eat at the hotel and it can get very busy, especially in the morning and other popular meal times.
- It’s a big resort and it’s one of the cheapest, so you can expect crowds at the pool, food court (as mentioned above), and generally around the hotel. This also can mean that you’ll hear more noise outside of your room.