Disney’s All-Star Music Resort is a Value Resort in Walt Disney World, meaning that it is among the cheapest hotels on property. The hotel is themed to highlight – you guessed it – music! It is separated into five different sections themed after music genres including country, jazz, rock ‘n’ roll, calypso, and Broadway-style show tunes. It’ll be pretty obvious which section you’re in because each is lined with larger-than-life billboards, music icons, and more.
The hotel is one of three All-Star Resorts that are all connected, but the thing that makes it stand out among the rest is the family suites offering. Unlike most standard Disney hotel rooms, these suites feature 2 rooms, 2 bathrooms, and sleep up to 6 people – all at a more affordable rate. These suites, along with all the other rooms at Disney’s All-Star Music Resort were updated with a new and improved look and new furnishings when it reopened to guests in 2021.
Thinking about requesting a specific section of the hotel when you check-in? Curious about how far you’ll have to walk to get to food? Forgot to pick up a map when you arrived? No worries! Here’s Disney’s All-Star Music Resort map!
Standard Room – this room sleeps up to 4 adults and comes with 1 queen-size pull-down bed, and 1 queen bed. Depending on the available rooms, you may have a view of a courtyard, pool, or parking lot.
The standard room is best for those who don’t plan on spending too much time in their room other than to sleep.
Preferred Room – this room sleeps up to 4 adults and comes with 1 queen-size pull-down bed, and 1 queen bed. Preferred rooms are located close to the main building (Melody Hall) where food, shopping, and transportation can be found, and you may have a view of a courtyard, pool, or parking lot.
The preferred room is best for those who want to be close to the hotel amenities.
Family Suites – this is the largest room type available at Disney’s All-Star Music Resort, as it comfortably sleeps up to 6 adults. There are two rooms inside the suite, two bathrooms, and a small kitchenette area that has a full-sized fridge (with a freezer). The main room has 2 queen-size pull-down table beds that can be stored up for more space during the day, and the second room has 1 queen bed. Separate bathrooms are attached to each room.
Where To Eat
Intermission Food Court – Intermission Food Court is the only dining option at Disney’s All-Star Music Resort and it is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The food-court-style service features multiple stations with different food options, a bakery, and a cooler area where you can find things like water, milk, and juice. Keep in mind that the quick service restaurant can get busy during popular meal times since there are no other dining options at the resort.
Lounges & Bars
Singing Spirits Pool Bar – The Singing Spirits Pool Bar can be found at All-Star Music Resort’s main pool – Calypso Pool. There’s nothing all too special about the atmosphere here, but it’s still a great place to grab a drink. It is a full-service bar serving up classic Disney cocktails, sangria, beer, and wine.
Things To Do
- Pools – there are two pools at Disney’s All-Star Music Resort including the Calypso Pool (which is the largest pool and is shaped like a guitar), and the Piano Pool (which is smaller and located near the Country Fair section of the resort).
- Note’able Games Arcade – located in the main building (Melody Hall) near the food court.
- Campfire Activities – available 7 days a week at the Calypso Pool.
- Movies Under The Stars – usually takes place in the Calypso Pool area.
- Jogging Trail – approximately 1 mile. See signage for the official route.
- Playground – located in the Jazz Inn section of the resort.
Maestro Mickey’s – In the hotel’s main building (Melody Hall), you’ll find the gift shop. Here you can find a variety of Disney merchandise including shirts, Minnie Ears, plushes, and toys, along with some toiletries and groceries. So, if you find that you forgot something at home (or just want to do some shopping), this is the place to go!
- Disney Bus – Transportation to Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Disney Springs, and Disney’s Water Parks.
Disney Vacation Club
Disney Vacation Club is not available at Disney’s All-Star Music Resort. All guest rooms are standard.
Overnight Parking Fee
Overnight self-parking is free for guests staying at any Disney World Resort hotel. Valet parking is available for an additional cost of $33 per night (sales tax included).
- The larger-than-life decor makes for great photo ops and a super immersive Disney stay.
- If you’re planning to spend all your time at the theme parks, then All-Star Music provides you with all the necessary basics at a cheaper rate than other hotels across property.
- There’s only one bus stop per park and lots of people stay at the value hotel so lines can get pretty long if you’re traveling to and from the parks – especially in the morning for park opens and at night when the park closes.
- There’s only one place to eat at the hotel and it can get very busy, especially in the morning and other popular meal times.
- It’s a big resort and it’s one of the cheapest, so you can expect crowds at the pool, food court (as mentioned above), and generally around the hotel. This also can mean that you’ll hear more noise outside of your room.