Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort is one of five Value Resorts in Walt Disney World. As part of the value category, it offers some of the least expensive rooms on property, making it a more affordable place to stay for families. This sports-themed resort has rooms clustered in five different sections according to football, tennis, baseball, basketball, and surfing. The resort is located in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Resort Area, which means transportation time to Disney’s Animal Kingdom will be a shorter than the other parks. Just note that All-Star Sports is one of three All-Star Resorts that are all connected and share a bus route.
If you are a sports enthusiast (or if you’ve got one traveling with you!), you’re sure to enjoy the sports theme which features two oversized football helmets, a megaphone, and a tennis ball can. In addition, this resort does sports big — like really big! So, you can expect to see giant tennis racquets, baseball bats, and surfboards that are equal to the size of the 3-story resort. They all make for really great photo ops throughout your stay.
Thinking about requesting a specific section of the hotel when you check-in? Curious about how far you’ll have to walk to get to food? Forgot to pick up a map when you arrived? No worries! Here’s Disney’s All-Star Movies Sports map!
Standard Room – These rooms offer a limited view, meaning that your room will face a courtyard, pool, or parking area. The room features 2 double beds and sleeps up to 4 adults.
The standard room is best for those who don’t plan on spending too much time in their room other than to sleep.
Preferred Room – The only difference between the standard and preferred rooms is the proximity of the preferred rooms to areas that you will be accessing as a guest. Remember, this is a large resort with more than 1,900 rooms. With a preferred room, your view is still of a courtyard, pool, or parking area, but you are located closer to Stadium Hall where you can access dining, shopping, and the bus stop to get to the parks. Preferred rooms feature 2 double beds and sleep 4 adults.
The preferred room is best for those who want to be close to the hotel amenities.
Whether you select a standard or preferred room, you will have access to a mini-fridge in your room to store some extra snacks and treats for late-night munching. Free WIFI Internet is available to you during your stay as a Disney resort guest as well.
Where To Eat
End Zone Food Court – The End Zone Food Court serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The food-court-style service features multiple stations with different food options, a bakery, and a cooler area where you can find things like water, milk, and juice. While you dine, you can enjoy popular Disney cartoons and sporting events on the televisions in the dining room. Keep in mind that the quick service restaurant can get busy during popular meal times since there are no other dining options at the resort.
Lounges & Bars
Grandstand Spirits – The Grandstand Spirits pool bar can be found at All-Star Sports Resort’s main pool – Surfboard Bat Pool. There’s nothing all too special about the atmosphere here, but it’s still a great place to grab a drink. It is a full-service bar serving up classic Disney cocktails, frozen drinks, sangria, draft beer, and wine.
Things To Do
- Pools – there are 2 pools at Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort. The larger is Surfboard Bay Pool, themed to give you the feel of being at the beach, including giant surfboards nearby. For younger children, a kiddie pool is located nearby. The smaller pool, the Grand Slam Pool, is shaped like a baseball diamond and boasts a fun Goofy fountain at the center that sprays water at swimmers. This pool is located near the Home Run-themed section of the hotel. Complimentary towels are available.
- All-Star Sports Campfire Activities – available 7 days a week between Building 7 and the Intermission Food Court.
- Movies Under the Stars – takes place at the Surfboard Bay Pool just outside the food court.
- Jogging Trail – approximately 1-mile trail. See signage for the official route.
- Playground – Want to spend the day at the resort? Kids can enjoy climbing and playing at the playground located near the Touchdown! hotel area.
- Game Point Arcade – Enjoy arcade games and pinball when you visit the arcade located in Stadium Hall by the End Zone Food Court.
Sport Goofy Gifts and Sundries – Forgot to pack something or looking for that special souvenir? You can pick up snacks, toiletries, and Disney merchandise in the gift shop right off the main lobby of your resort.
- Disney Bus — Transportation to the Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Disney Springs, and Disney’s Water Parks is available by bus. The bus stop is located in front of the main lobby.
- For a fee, you can opt for Disney’s Minnie Van Service, which is similar to ride-share services like Uber and Lyft.
Disney Vacation Club
Disney Vacation Club is not available at Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort. All guest rooms are standard.
Overnight Parking Fee
Overnight self-parking is free for guests staying at any Disney World Resort hotel. Valet parking is available for an additional cost of $33 per night (sales tax included).
- The larger-than-life decor makes for great photo ops and a super immersive Disney stay that screams “You’re at Disney World!”
- If you’re planning to spend all your time at the theme parks, then All-Star Sports provides you with all the necessary basics at a cheaper rate than other hotels across property.
- There’s only one bus stop per park and lots of people stay at the value hotel so lines can get pretty long if you’re traveling to and from the parks – especially in the morning for park opens and at night when the park closes.
- It’s a big resort and it’s one of the cheapest, so you can expect crowds at the pool, food court (as mentioned above), and generally around the hotel. This also can mean that you’ll hear more noise outside of your room.
- The rooms at Disney’s All-Star Sports have not yet been updated like the other All-Star Sports Resorts. This means that the beds are doubles instead of queens and have a more dated look and feel.