Select areas of Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa are currently being refurbished. See how that will impact your stay in 2023 HERE!
Saratoga Springs Resort is a Disney Vacation Club Deluxe Villa Resort located in the Disney Springs area, which means you’ll be within walking distance of the shopping, dining, and entertainment complex. The resort is situated between rolling golf course greens and Lake Buena Vista, offering beautiful views of the surrounding area.
The resort’s Victorian-style architecture and decor are inspired by the historic Saratoga Springs in New York, which was a popular destination for wealthy vacationers in the late 1800s. The hotel’s design includes nods to horse racing and spas, which were popular attractions in Saratoga Springs at the time.
Saratoga Springs Resort stands out from other Disney World hotels in a few ways. Here are some of the features that make it unique:
- Room Types — Saratoga Springs Resort offers a variety of room types, including studios, one- and two-bedroom villas, and treehouse villas. The resort’s treehouse villas are particularly unique, as they offer a secluded and immersive experience in the heart of Disney World.
- Full-Service Spa — Disney’s Saratoga Springs is one of only two hotels in Disney World with a full-service spa. The resort’s spa, Senses, offers a variety of treatments inspired by the natural springs of Saratoga Springs.
- Location — Saratoga Springs Resort is located in the Disney Springs area, which means you’ll be within walking distance of a variety of dining, shopping, and entertainment options.
- Golf Course — Saratoga Springs Resort is home to Disney’s Lake Buena Vista Golf Course, which has hosted PGA Tour, LPGA Tour, and USGA events in the past. The course’s signature feature is its 7th hole with an island green.
Overall, Saratoga Springs Resort is a unique and luxurious option for your Disney World vacation. Whether you’re looking for a secluded treehouse villa to vacation with your extended family or easy access to Disney Springs, this resort has something for everyone.
Thinking about requesting a specific section of the hotel when you check in? Curious about how far you’ll have to walk to get to food? Forgot to pick up a map when you arrived? No worries! Here’s Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort map!
If you’re planning a stay at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, you’ll have a variety of room types to choose from. Here’s a breakdown of the different options available to you:
Deluxe Studio — The Deluxe Studio is the smallest room type available at Saratoga Springs, but it still offers plenty of space for a couple or small family. These rooms feature one queen-size bed and a double pull-out sofa, sleeping up to four guests. Deluxe Studios also come equipped with a kitchenette and a small dining area.
1-Bedroom Villas — The 1-Bedroom Villas at Saratoga Springs are perfect for families or groups of up to four guests. These rooms feature a king-size bed in the master bedroom and a queen-size sleeper sofa in the living room. The villa also comes equipped with a full kitchen and dining area.
2-Bedroom Villas — The 2-Bedroom Villas at Saratoga Springs are perfect for larger families or groups of up to eight guests. These rooms feature a king-size bed in the master bedroom, two queen-size beds in the second bedroom, and a queen-size sleeper sofa in the living room. The villa also comes equipped with a full kitchen and dining area.
2-Bedroom Lock-Off Villas — The 2-Bedroom Lock-Off Villas at Saratoga Springs are essentially two 1-Bedroom Villas that can be combined into one larger unit. This room type is perfect for families or groups of up to eight guests who want a bit more privacy. The villa features two king-size beds, two queen-size sleeper sofas, and two full kitchens.
Treehouse Villas — The Treehouse Villas at Saratoga Springs are best for large families or groups of up to nine guests who want a unique and secluded experience. These villas are located in the woods and feature three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a full kitchen.
3-Bedroom Grand Villas — The 3-Bedroom Grand Villas at Saratoga Springs are the largest room type available and can accommodate up to 12 guests. These villas feature three bedrooms, four bathrooms, a full kitchen, and a large living and dining area.
No matter which room type you choose, you’ll have access to all of the amenities and activities available at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa. Some areas of the resort, such as The Springs and The Paddock, offer preferred views, while other areas, such as Congress Park and The Grandstand, offer standard views. Be sure to check with the resort when making your reservation to ensure you get the view you want. Additionally, the Carriage House is the main building of the resort and houses the lobby, restaurants, and other amenities.
Where To Eat
Quick Service Restaurants
The Artist’s Palette — The Artist’s Palette is a quick-service restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You can choose from a variety of dishes, including sandwiches, salads, and flatbreads. The restaurant also has a selection of grab-and-go items, such as pastries and fruit cups.
Paddock Grill — If you’re in the mood for a burger or sandwich, head to Paddock Grill. This quick-service restaurant is located near the High Rock Spring Pool and serves lunch and dinner. You can also grab a refreshing drink from the full-service bar.
Table Service Restaurants
Turf Club Bar and Grill — For a more upscale dining experience, check out Turf Club Bar and Grill. This table-service restaurant serves lunch and dinner and offers a variety of American cuisine, including steak, seafood, and pasta. The restaurant also has an extensive wine list.
Lounges & Bars
The Turf Club Lounge — If you’re looking for a more casual setting, but still want the same great food as Turf Club Bar and Grill, head to The Turf Club Lounge. This lounge offers a variety of appetizers, entrees, and desserts, as well as a full bar.
Backstretch Pool Bar — Located near the Paddock Pool, Backstretch Pool Bar is the perfect spot to grab a drink and a quick bite to eat. The bar serves a variety of cocktails, beer, and wine, as well as snacks such as hot dogs and nachos.
On the Rocks — On the Rocks is the perfect spot to unwind after a long day at the parks. This outdoor lounge serves a variety of cocktails, beer, and wine, as well as appetizers and desserts. You can relax by the fire pit and enjoy the beautiful views of Lake Buena Vista.
Things To Do
- Pools — Cool off from the Florida heat at one of the resort’s five pools. The High Rock Spring Pool is the resort’s main pool, featuring a 128-foot-long waterslide, a zero-depth entry, and a children’s play area. There are also three leisure pools and a spa pool, each with a unique theming and atmosphere.
- Sunrise Yoga — Start your day off right with a relaxing yoga session at the resort’s Treehouse Villas. The one-hour class is led by a certified instructor and is suitable for all levels. Mats are provided, and the class takes place on a peaceful deck surrounded by nature.
- Jogging Trail & Sports — Stay active during your stay with the resort’s jogging trail and other recreational activities. The 1.44-mile trail winds through the resort’s lush landscape and offers scenic views of the golf course and waterways. You can also rent bikes or sports equipment to play basketball, tennis, or shuffleboard.
- Playgrounds & Kids Activities — Saratoga Springs has two playgrounds, featuring swings, slides, and climbing structures. The Community Hall also offers board games, arts and crafts, and other activities for children of all ages.
- Bikes and Sports Equipment Rentals — Explore the resort on two wheels with bike rentals available at the Horsing Around Rentals kiosk. You can also rent sports equipment like basketballs, tennis rackets, and shuffleboard cues to play on the resort’s courts.
Shopping & Senses Spa
If you’re looking for some retail therapy or a relaxing spa treatment during your stay at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, you’re in luck! Here are some options for shopping and spas in the area:
The Artist’s Palette — Here you can find a variety of Disney merchandise including shirts, Minnie Ears, plushes, and toys, along with some toiletries, groceries, and even made-to-order meals. So, if you find that you forgot something at home (or just want to do some shopping), this is the place to go!
Disney’s Lake Buena Vista Pro Shop — Hoping to play some holes on the golf course at the resort, this is your go-to shop for all things golfing!
Senses Spa — If you need some pampering, check out the Senses Spa at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa. This full-service spa offers a variety of treatments, including massages, facials, body wraps, and nail services. You can also book a couples massage or a package that includes multiple services. The spa is open daily, and you can use the fitness center for free with any spa service.
When it comes to getting around Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort, you have a few transportation options to choose from. Here are the two main options:
- Water Taxi — One of the most unique transportation options at Saratoga Springs is the water taxi. The water taxi is a great way to get around the resort, as it allows you to avoid the crowds and traffic on the roads. The water taxi runs between the resort and Disney Springs, making it a convenient option if you want to do some shopping or dining.
- Disney Bus — Transportation to Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, and Disney’s Water Parks. In the event that the water taxis are not operating, bus transportation will be available to and from Disney Springs.
Disney Vacation Club
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa is a Disney Vacation Club (DVC) Resort. This means that Disney Vacation Club members can redeem their vacation points for stays here. Additionally, DVC members may be eligible for additional savings at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort throughout the year when they stay with points. You can learn more and become a member on Disney’s website here.
Overnight Parking Fee
Overnight self-parking is free for guests staying at any Disney World Resort hotel. Valet parking is available for an additional cost of $33 per night (sales tax included).
Pros of Staying at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort
- Beautiful Setting — One of the best things about Saratoga Springs is its picturesque setting. The resort is situated on the Sassagoula River, which provides a tranquil backdrop for your stay. The grounds are lush and well-maintained, with plenty of green spaces and walking paths to enjoy. You’ll feel like you’re in a peaceful oasis, even though you’re just a short distance from the hustle and bustle of the theme parks.
- Spacious Accommodations — Another benefit of staying at Saratoga Springs is the size of the rooms. The resort offers a variety of accommodations, including studios, one-bedroom villas, and two-bedroom villas. All of them are spacious and well-appointed, with plenty of room for you and your family to spread out and relax. The villas also come with fully equipped kitchens, which can save you money on meals during your stay.
- Golf Course Access — If you’re a golfer, you’ll love staying at Saratoga Springs. The resort is home to Disney’s Lake Buena Vista Golf Course, an 18-hole course that has hosted some impressive golf events. As a guest of the resort, you’ll have access to the course and can even book tee times in advance. It’s a great way to enjoy some outdoor activity and take advantage of the beautiful Florida weather.
- Easy Access to Disney Springs — Finally, one of the biggest advantages of staying at Saratoga Springs is its proximity to Disney Springs. This popular shopping and dining destination is just a short walk or boat ride away from the resort. You can easily spend an afternoon or evening exploring the many shops, restaurants, and entertainment options at Disney Springs without having to worry about transportation.
Cons of Staying at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort
- Location — While the hotel is situated on Disney property, it is not as close to the theme parks as some of the other resorts. This means that you may have to spend more time traveling to and from the parks, which can be inconvenient, especially if you have young children or are trying to make the most of your time at Disney World.
- Size — The resort is quite large, with many different sections and buildings spread out over a wide area. This can make it difficult to navigate, especially if you are not familiar with the layout. It can also mean that you may have to walk a long way to get to some of the resort’s amenities, such as the pools or restaurants.
- Price — It’s worth noting that Saratoga Springs can be quite expensive, especially during peak seasons, because of the larger room types that are offered. While the resort does offer many great amenities, such as pools, restaurants, and a golf course, these can come at a premium price. If you are looking for a more budget-friendly option, you may want to consider some of the other resorts on Disney property.