Disney’s Riviera Resort is one of the newest Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts located near EPCOT. It opened in 2019 and is inspired by Walt and Lillian Disney’s vacations to Europe, specifically the French and Italian Riviera coastline — hence, the “Riviera” in its name. The European and Mediterranean style of the hotel influences more than just the atmosphere and decor. You’ll notice it in the food and drink that’s available at the restaurants and even the music that is playing throughout the resort, making it so that you really feel like you’ve vacationed to the European Riviera yourself!
Unlike other Disney World hotels, Disney’s Riviera Resort is one large expansive hotel and is not divided into multiple buildings. This means that no matter what room type you book, you’ll always be near hotel amenities — no outdoor walking required! Along with its Walt-inspired theming and unique atmosphere, getting to both EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios is easy from the Riviera Resort because it is one of only 4 hotels with access to the Disney Skyliner.
Thinking about requesting a specific section of the hotel when you check in? Curious about how far you’ll have to walk to get to food? Forgot to pick up a map when you arrived? No worries! Here’s Disney’s Riviera Resort map!
You can also find signage with the hotel throughout the resort — just look for the large “Directory” tables and signs!
As a Disney Vacation Club Villa, there are several room options available at Disney’s Riviera Resort including a Deluxe Studio, One-Bedroom Villa, 2-Bedroom Villa, 3-Bedroom Villa, and Tower Studio. The Deluxe One- and Two-Bedrooms Villas include an option to select a preferred room with the main difference being that you will have views of the parking lot in a standard room and views of the courtyard, lake, landscaping, pool, or Disney Skyliner in the preferred rooms. Additionally, preferred rooms are typically within a shorter walking distance to resort amenities, such as the lobby, gift shop, resort restaurants, and Disney transportation.
Free WIFI access is available throughout your stay no matter the room type you select.
Tower Studio – This room type is the smallest at Disney’s Riviera Resort and sleeps up to 2 adults. It has 1 queen size pull-down bed, a mini-fridge, a microwave, and a walk-in shower in the bathroom. All Tower Studios also include a private balcony.
Deluxe Studio – Standard View – This room sleeps up to 5 people, with 1 queen size bed, a queen size pull-down bed, and a single pull-down bed. The room includes a wet bar, mini-fridge, microwave, plasticware, and paper plates/bowls. The bathrooms are split with a shower/tub combo on one side and a walk-in shower on the other side. You also have access to a private porch or balcony.
One Bedroom Villa – These rooms include a king-size bed, a queen-size pull-down bed, and a single pull-down bed, sleeping up to 5 people. The master bathroom is more upscale compared to the cheaper room types and features a bubble jet tub and walk-in shower. This room type also includes a fully equipped kitchen with an oven, microwave, and dishwasher. Plus, you’ll have a stacked washer/dryer and 2 flat-panel TVs, and a private porch or balcony if you select a preferred room view.
Two Bedroom Villa – With 2 separate bedrooms (master and guest), these rooms accommodate up to 9 people with a king-size bed, 2 queen-size beds, 1 queen-size pull-down bed, and 1 single pull-down bed. The master bathroom features a bubble jet tub and walk-in shower. Plus, there’s a fully equipped kitchen area in the Two Bedroom Villa with an oven, microwave, and dishwasher. The room also includes a stacked washer/dryer and 3 flat-panel TVs and you can enjoy your morning coffee from your own private porch or balcony if you opt for a preferred view room.
Three Bedroom Grand Villa – This room sleeps up to 12 adults and includes 1 king-size bed, 4 queen beds, and 1 queen sleeper sofa. The master bathroom features a bubble jet tub and walk-in shower, and the other 2 bathrooms are full bathrooms with showers and tubs. You can prepare your own meals in the fully equipped kitchen (including an oven, microwave, and dishwasher), and you’ll have a stacked washer/dryer and 4 flat-panel TVs. All rooms include a view of the lake and a private porch or balcony.
Where To Eat
Quick Service Restaurants
Le Petit Cafe – Need a morning coffee or a late-night cocktail? Le Petit Cafe has it both! Located right off the main lobby at Disney’s Riviera Resort, this small coffee shop serves up breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. In the morning, you can find specialty Joffrey’s hot coffees, cold coffees, and teas. And, in the evening, it becomes a wine and cocktail bar where you can grab a drink to enjoy next door in the moody Voyageurs’ Lounge.
If you’re a big coffee person, Le Petit Cafe is a must-try for your morning caffeine fix. It is the only place where you can get the exclusive cold brew blend (fittingly named the Riviera Resort blend), and you can then have it topped with their house-made honey-almond whipped cream.
Primo Piatto – Primo Piatto is Disney’s Riviera Resort’s main Quick Service location and can be found on the ground floor of the hotel. It is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and features classic Italian-inspired dishes in a fast-casual environment. Be sure to check out the seating area too — there’s an entire wall with old photos of Walt Disney and his family on their European travels!
Table Service Restaurants
Topolino’s Terrace – Flavors of the Riviera – Topolino’s Terrace is the only sit-down Table Service restaurant at Disney’s Riviera Resort. This rooftop restaurant features a Breakfast à la Art with Mickey & Friends character dining experience in the morning and then transforms into a signature dining experience with a menu full of Italian and French-inspired dishes.
The character dining experience (where you can meet Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, and Daisy Duck) is regarded as one of the best in Disney World. And, if you time your dinner reservation just right, you can see the EPCOT and Magic Kingdom fireworks shows in the distance. Reservations are recommended for both and can be made up to 60 days in advance.
Lounges & Bars
Bar Riva – Bar Riva is the pool bar at Disney’s Riviera Resort, though it feels much less like a pool bar and more like an up-scale outdoor lounge. Located on the ground floor just across from the Riviera Pool, the bar will make you feel like you’ve traveled to the Mediterranean coast for a cocktail.
The menu features a variety of specialty cocktails, many of which are exclusive to Disney’s Riviera Resort. You can also order from the full Primo Piatto menu or enjoy some of the exclusive eats that you can only get at Bar Riva including Baked Brie, Monte Cristo, and Grilled Chicken Wings.
Things To Do
- Pools – there are 2 pools at Disney’s Riviera Resort with the largest being the Riviera Pool. As the main pool for the hotel, it is themed with nods to Walt Disney’s Fantasia, with a water slide and a water play area for smaller kids (called S’il Vous Play). In addition to the main family-friendly pool, the nearby Beau Soleil Pool offers a quieter and more relaxed atmosphere.
- Campfire Activities – available nightly 7 days a week from 5:30PM to 6:30PM by the waterfront.
- Jogging Trail – approximately 0.6 miles. See signage for the official route.
- Movies Under The Stars – available 7 days a week at 7:30PM on the movie lawn.
- Fitness Center – No need to miss your workout while vacationing. Jog, stretch or lift weights to meet your fitness goals for the day. Age restrictions apply.
La Boutique — La Boutique is the only gift shop at Disney’s Riviera Resort and is located on the second floor just off of the main lobby. Here you can find a variety of Disney merchandise including shirts, Minnie Ears, plushes, and toys, along with some toiletries and groceries. So, if you find that you forgot something at home (or just want to do some shopping), this is the place to go!
La Boutique is also where you can find exclusive Riviera Resort merchandise including the opportunity to purchase copies of the artwork that decorates the walls at the hotel.
- Disney Skyliner – Transportation to EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Disney Bus – Transportation to Magic Kingdom, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Disney Springs, and Disney’s Water Parks. In the event that the Skyliner is not operating, bus transportation will be available to and from EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Disney Vacation Club
Disney’s Riviera Resort is a Disney Vacation Club (DVC) Resort. This means that Disney Vacation Club members can redeem their vacation points for stays here. Additionally, DVC members may be eligible for additional savings at Disney’s Riviera Resort throughout the year when they stay with points. You can learn more and become a member on Disney’s website here.
Overnight Parking Fee
Overnight self-parking is free for guests staying at any Disney World Resort hotel. Valet parking is available for an additional cost of $33 per night (sales tax included).
- This is Disney’s newest DVC resort and it has a large selection of rooms to fit the needs of your group. With rooms that accommodate as little as 2 guests all the way up to 12, you’re sure to find a suite that will fit the needs of your family.
- Topolino’s Terrace — Flavors of the Riviera is one of the best Disney World restaurants available in the hotels and you’re only an elevator ride away! This can give you a better chance at dining here without a reservation using the walk-up waitlist through the My Disney Experience app, which can come in handy considering how far in advance the restaurant usually books up.
- Disney’s Riviera Resort is one of only four hotels located on the Disney Skyliner route, making it easy to get between EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- The Tower Studios are one of the smallest rooms offered at any Disney World hotel, but they aren’t necessarily priced that way. So, if you’re opting to book this room type, you may not want to spend much time in your room beyond sleeping — even though you’ll be paying Disney Deluxe Resort pricing.
- Speaking of pricing, Disney’s Riviera Resort is one of the most expensive hotels on Disney property and other nearby Disney hotels offer similar perks for less.
- As a DVC resort, the lobby and areas with hotel amenities are smaller than what you might expect from a Disney hotel. The focus at this hotel is rooms rather than large recreational spaces.