Select areas of Disney’s BoardWalk Inn are currently being refurbished. See how that will impact your stay in 2023 HERE!
Disney’s BoardWalk Inn is one of Disney’s Deluxe Resorts and Villas located near EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. The BoardWalk Inn Resort is a charming and whimsical resort inspired by Atlantic City, with a detailed replica of an early 20th-century Atlantic coast seaside boardwalk.
You’ll find restaurants and shops occupying the street-level boardwalk including a piano bar and dance hall. Plus, there are also carnival games and the ability to rent a surrey to pedal for a scenic ride around the lake.
One of the biggest perks of staying at BoardWalk Inn is that it is within walking distance of both EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Don’t worry, complimentary Disney transportation is also available if you prefer not to walk. You also have access to Disney’s Skyliner just outside the entrance to EPCOT if you want to visit other resorts on the Skyliner.
Disney’s BoardWalk Inn is also a Disney Vacation Club Resort.
Thinking about requesting a specific section of the hotel when you check in? Curious about how far you’ll have to walk to get to food? Forgot to pick up a map when you arrived? No worries! Here’s Disney’s BoardWalk Inn Resort map!
When you arrive at the resort, you’ll also receive a printed map that you can take with you as you explore. This map will show you the location of your room, as well as the location of other important areas such as the front desk, restaurants, and pools.
When staying at the BoardWalk Inn Resort, you have a variety of room types to choose from based on your preferences and needs. Here are the different room types available to you.
Resort View — The Resort View rooms offer a view of the resort’s gardens, leisure pool, or the outer building. These rooms come with two queen beds and a bathroom with a shower, toilet, and vanity area. You also get a hairdryer, TV, free Wi-Fi, telephone, in-room safe, iron, ironing board, outlets, and USB ports. The room has plenty of storage space with a closet, drawer, and counter space.
Standard View — Standard View rooms offer a view of the gardens, leisure pool, or the outer building. These rooms come with two queen beds and a bathroom with a shower, toilet, and vanity area. You also get a hairdryer, TV, free Wi-Fi, telephone, in-room safe, iron, ironing board, outlets, and USB ports. The room has plenty of storage space with a closet, drawer, and counter space.
Water View — Water View rooms offer a view of Disney’s BoardWalk or Crescent Lake, giving you that authentic boardwalk feeling. These rooms come with two queen beds and a bathroom with a shower, toilet, and vanity area. You also get a hairdryer, TV, free Wi-Fi, telephone, in-room safe, iron, ironing board, outlets, and USB ports. The room has plenty of storage space with a closet, drawer, and counter space.
Club Level — Club Level rooms offer exclusive access to the resort’s Club Level Lounge, which includes free continental breakfast, snacks, beverages, and evening wine and cheese. These rooms come with two queen beds and a bathroom with a shower, toilet, and vanity area. You also get a hairdryer, TV, free Wi-Fi, telephone, in-room safe, iron, ironing board, outlets, and USB ports. The room has plenty of storage space with a closet, drawer, and counter space.
Deluxe Studios (DVC) — Deluxe Studios come with a kitchenette that includes a microwave, mini-refrigerator, sink, and coffee maker. These rooms come with two queen beds and a bathroom with a shower, toilet, and vanity area. You also get a hairdryer, TV, free Wi-Fi, telephone, in-room safe, iron, ironing board, outlets, and USB ports. The room has plenty of storage space with a closet, drawer, and counter space.
1 Bedroom Villas (DVC) — 1 Bedroom Villas come with a full kitchen, living room, and dining area. These rooms come with a king bed and a queen-size sleeper sofa or a twin-size sleeper chair. The bathroom has a shower, toilet, and vanity area. You also get a hairdryer, TV, free Wi-Fi, telephone, in-room safe, iron, ironing board, outlets, and USB ports. The room has plenty of storage space with a closet, drawer, and counter space.
Where To Eat
Quick Service Restaurants
When it comes to dining options at BoardWalk Inn Resort, you have a lot to choose from. Whether you’re in the mood for a quick bite, a sweet treat, or a fancy dinner, you’ll find it all here. Here are some of the best places to eat at BoardWalk Inn Resort.
BoardWalk Deli — If you’re looking for a quick and easy lunch, head to BoardWalk Deli (formerly the BoardWalk Bakery). This casual spot serves up sandwiches, salads, and snacks, as well as beer and wine. You can grab your food to go or enjoy it at one of the outdoor tables.
BoardWalk Ice Cream — For dessert, stop by BoardWalk Ice Cream. This charming ice cream parlor offers a variety of flavors, including some unique options like lavender honey and apple pie a la mode. You can get your ice cream in a cone, cup, or waffle bowl.
Pizza Window — If you’re craving pizza, the Pizza Window is the place to go. This walk-up counter serves up hot and fresh pizza by the slice or by the pie. You can also get a variety of toppings, as well as drinks and snacks.
Funnel Cake Cart — For a sweet and indulgent treat, check out the Funnel Cake Cart. This outdoor stand offers classic funnel cakes, as well as some creative variations like s’mores and strawberry shortcake. You can also get drinks and snacks here.
Carousel Coffee — For a quick caffeine fix, check out Carousel Coffee. This new coffee shop serves up a variety of hot and cold Joffrey’s drinks, as well as some snacks and pastries.
You can enjoy your drink in the comfortable seating area or take it to go.
Cake Bake Shop Bakery and Restaurant by Gwendolyn Rogers — COMING SOON! Although neither is open yet, the hype that precedes this new arrival to the Boardwalk is exciting. Once open, stop here for over-the-top cakes, tea, or a bite to eat.
Table Service Restaurants
Flying Fish — If you’re looking for a fancy dinner, Flying Fish is the place to go. This upscale seafood restaurant offers a variety of fresh and delicious dishes, as well as a great wine list. You can enjoy your meal in the elegant dining room or at the chef’s counter. Keep in mind that Flying Fish is a Disney signature restaurant, meaning that there is a dress code. So, plan accordingly and be sure to make a reservation in advance as it can be very crowded.
Trattoria al Forno — For Italian cuisine, head to Trattoria al Forno. This charming restaurant serves up classic dishes like pasta, pizza, and risotto, as well as some unique options like braised beef Bolognese and shrimp and grits. You can enjoy your meal in the cozy dining room or on the outdoor patio.
Big River Grille & Brewing Works — If you’re a beer lover, you won’t want to miss Big River Grille & Brewing Works. This brewpub offers a variety of craft beers, as well as classic pub fare like burgers, sandwiches, and salads. You can enjoy your meal in the lively dining room or at the bar.
Lounges & Bars
AbracadaBar — If you’re looking for some entertainment with your drinks, head to AbracadaBar. This uniquely themed magician’s lounge bar offers a variety of cocktails, as well as some small bites. While enjoying your drinks, peruse the posters, magic tricks, and mystical illusions.
Leaping Horse Libations — For a refreshing drink by the Luna Park Pool, check out Leaping Horse Libations. This outdoor bar serves up a variety of cocktails, as well as some snacks and sandwiches.
JellyRolls — For some live music and dancing, head to JellyRolls. This lively bar offers dueling pianos, as well as a variety of drinks and snacks. Note that there is a cover charge to get in.
BoardWalk Joe’s Marvelous Margaritas — If you’re in the mood for a margarita, BoardWalk Joe’s Marvelous Margaritas is the place to go. This outdoor stand offers a variety of margaritas, as well as some snacks and drinks. You can enjoy your drink at one of the outdoor tables or take it to go.
Belle Vue Lounge — For a cozy and intimate setting, check out Belle Vue Lounge. This elegant bar was recently renovated and offers a variety of drinks, as well as some small bites.
Things To Do
If you’re staying at the BoardWalk Inn Resort, you’ll find plenty of activities to keep you and your family entertained. Here are some of the things you can do during your stay:
- Pools — The resort features two pools — the Luna Park Pool and the Courtyard Leisure Pool. Luna Park Pool is a carnival-themed pool with a 200-foot-long waterslide, a whirlpool spa, and a kiddie pool. Courtyard Leisure Pool is a quieter pool area with a hot tub and a kiddie pool. Both pools have lifeguards on duty.
- BoardWalk Campfire Activities — Every evening, the resort offers a campfire with marshmallow roasting and sing-alongs. After the campfire, you can enjoy a movie under the stars.
- Movies Under The Stars — Grab a seat on the lawn and enjoy a family-friendly movie under the stars. Movies are shown nightly near the Luna Park Pool.
- Fantasia Gardens and Fairways Miniature Golf — This miniature golf course is located near the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin hotels (which is only a short walk) and features two 18-hole courses. The courses are themed after Disney’s Fantasia and offer a fun and challenging experience for all ages.
- Surrey Bike Rentals — Rent a surrey bike and pedal around the resort and the nearby EPCOT and Hollywood Studios theme parks. Surrey bikes are available for rent near the Luna Park Pool.
- Fishing — Guided bass fishing excursions are available for an additional fee.
- Running Trail & Sports — If you’re looking to stay active, the resort offers a 0.6 mile jogging trail that circles around Crescent Lake (See signage for the official route around the boardwalk). You can also play basketball, tennis, Pickleball, and volleyball on the resort’s sports courts.
- Muscles & Bustles Health Club — The resort’s fitness center, Muscles & Bustles, is located near the Luna Park Pool and is open 24 hours a day. Guests have access to cardio and strength training equipment, as well as locker rooms and showers.
- Playground & Arcade — The resort has a playground for children and an arcade with classic and modern video games. Age restrictions apply.
- Club-Level Service — If you choose to stay in a Club-Level room, you’ll have access to additional amenities and services, including evening turndown service, secured key access to the Club-Level floors, and access to the Club-Level lounge. The lounge offers complimentary refreshments throughout the day, including continental breakfast, midday snacks, evening wine, cheese, cordials, and dessert.
- Screen Door General Store — This store offers a selection of snacks, beverages, and other convenience items. You can also find BoardWalk Inn Resort merchandise, such as t-shirts and mugs.
- Thimbles & Threads — If you’re in need of some sewing supplies or want to create your own custom t-shirt, this is the place to go. You can also find a selection of Disney-themed fabrics and patterns.
- Dundy’s Sundries — This shop offers a variety of toiletries, such as shampoo and toothpaste, as well as other personal care items. You can also find some snacks and beverages here.
- Disney’s Character Carnival — This store offers a selection of toys, games, and other Disney-themed merchandise. You can also find some BoardWalk Inn Resort merchandise, such as keychains and magnets.
- Wyland Galleries — If you’re a fan of marine life and art, this is the place to go. You can find a selection of artwork by renowned artist Wyland, as well as other marine-themed merchandise.
- Disney Bus Service — The Disney Bus Service is a complimentary transportation option that runs from the BoardWalk Inn Resort to Magic Kindom, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Disney’s water parks, and Disney Springs. Buses typically run every 20 minutes, but wait times can vary depending on the time of day and crowd levels. Keep in mind that buses can get crowded during peak times, so plan accordingly. Note that in the event that the boats and monorail are not running, bus transportation will also be available to and from Disney’s Hollywood Studios and EPCOT.
- Friendship Boats — The Friendship Boats are another complimentary transportation option that can take you to EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. These boats stop at the Yacht and Beach Club Resorts and the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, so it may not always be the most time-efficient option. However, it can be a scenic and enjoyable way to travel.
- Walking Path — One of the biggest perks of staying at the BoardWalk Inn is its proximity to both EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Both parks are within walking distance, so you can easily stroll to and from the parks at your leisure.
- Disney Skyliner — The Disney Skyliner is a gondola system that connects Disney’s Hollywood Studios and EPCOT to several resorts, including Disney’s Riviera Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort. The Skyliner is a fun and unique way to travel and vist other Disney World Resorts.
Disney Vacation Club
Disney’s Boardwalk Inn is a Disney Vacation Club (DVC) Resort. This means that Disney Vacation Club members can redeem their vacation points for stays here. Additionally, DVC members may be eligible for additional savings at Disney’s Boardwalk Resort throughout the year when they stay with points. You can learn more and become a member on Disney’s website here.
Overnight Parking Fee
Overnight self-parking is free for guests staying at any Disney World Resort hotel. Valet parking is available for an additional cost of $33 per night (sales tax included).
- Stunning Views — One of the standout features of the BoardWalk Inn is its beautiful views. You’ll have a choice of rooms that overlook either the resort’s picturesque gardens or the sparkling Crescent Lake. If you’re lucky, you might even be able to snag a room with a view of Epcot’s nightly fireworks show.
- Proximity to the parks — As with all Disney resorts, you’ll have access to complimentary transportation to all of the theme parks, water parks, and Disney Springs. However, one of the unique benefits of staying at the BoardWalk Inn is its proximity to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. You can easily walk to both parks or take a leisurely boat ride across the lake.
- Plenty of Recreational Activities — If you’re looking for things to do outside of the theme parks, the BoardWalk Inn has you covered. You can rent a surrey bike and explore the BoardWalk, take a jog around the lake, or play carnival-style games. There are also plenty of live music performances and events like trivia and paint nights.
- Charming Atmosphere — The BoardWalk Inn has a charming, old-fashioned feel that sets it apart from some of the other Disney resorts. The BoardWalk area is designed to resemble a turn-of-the-century Atlantic City boardwalk, complete with carnival games, street performers, and plenty of neon lights. If you’re looking for a resort with character and personality, the BoardWalk Inn might be the perfect fit for you.
- Cost — As a Disney World Deluxe Resort, Disney’s BoardWalk Inn is on the pricier side compared to other Disney World resorts. While the location and amenities can be worth the extra cost for some guests, it may not fit into everyone’s budget.
- Crowds — Another potential downside to staying at BoardWalk Inn is that it can be noisy, especially if you are staying in a room facing the boardwalk or pool area. With live entertainment, carnival games, and other activities happening just outside your window, it can be difficult to get a quiet night’s sleep. If you are a light sleeper or prefer a more peaceful environment, you may want to consider a different resort.
- Crowded Pool Area — While the Luna Park Pool at BoardWalk Inn is a popular spot for guests to cool off and relax, it can also get quite crowded, especially during peak season. This can make it difficult to find a lounge chair or space to swim. If you are looking for a more tranquil pool experience, you may want to consider a different resort or plan to visit the pool during off-peak hours.
- Limited Dining Options — While there are several dining options available at BoardWalk Inn, they’re not as conveniently located compared to other Disney World hotels. Carousel Coffee is the only restaurant that is located inside the hotel and all others are located on the BoardWalk which involves some walking.