Want to know the SECRET to riding Disney World’s most popular rides with little to no wait? You’ve come to the right place!
As part of Disney World’s 50th Anniversary Celebration, Disney launched TWO brand new resort guest benefits – Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Theme Park Hours. And, while Early Theme Park Entry only permits guests into the park 30 minutes early, there is still a way to get extra HOURS in the park (similar to the old Extra Magic Hours perk) – but, there’s a catch!
Extended Evening Theme Park Hours are now available to guests staying at Disney Deluxe Resorts, Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts, and a very select few other hotels. Because of this exclusivity, there are even fewer people in the parks, making this a pretty great benefit for those who can swing the extra cost.
Not sure if the hotel you’re staying at qualifies? Here’s the FULL LIST of hotels that are eligible for Extended Evening Theme Park Hours currently:
Disney Deluxe Resorts
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Other Select Hotels
- Walt Disney World Swan Hotel
- Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel
- Walt Disney World Swan Reserve
- Shades of Green on Walt Disney World
Since the perk began in late 2021, Extended Evening Theme Park Hours has been offered regularly at EPCOT on Mondays and Magic Kingdom on Wednesdays. Disney’s Hollywood Studios has also been available on select dates (usually Thursdays), though this isn’t very common. And, Disney’s Animal Kingdom has yet to be included as part of Extended Evening Theme Park Hours.
Now, it’s important to note that not all rides, shops, and restaurants are open during this time, but the ones that are open usually have very few crowds since only select guests can take advantage – that’s what makes this perk so desirable! Plus, there’s even an extra opportunity to ride EPCOT’s newest ride, Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind AND Magic Kingdom’s newest roller coaster, TRON Lightcycle / Run!
Note that if you are a guest at one of the resorts that qualify for the perk, you’ll want to be sure you check the Extended Evening Theme Park Hours calendar before making your park pass reservations! A valid ticket and park pass reservation for the park that you plan to visit is required. The only exception to this would be those who have a valid Park Hopper ticket, as you can make a park pass reservation for a different park that you plan to visit before hopping over for the extended evening hours. Just keep in mind that you’ll need to scan into the park you have a park pass reservation for before hopping to the next park.
Disney has confirmed that Extended Evening Theme Park Hours will be available through the entirety of 2024, so book your reservation and start planning! And, stay tuned to The VacationEAR for more on how to maximize your Disney World hotel stay!